Careers in ICT
Careers in "Information and Communication Technology"
Go to : http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
As of May 2014, there is a green "Explore Careers" area of this page.
If you know what careers you want to search,
- Click the green "Occupation" button ("Occupation" is another word for "career".)
If you don't know what career is a match for you:
- Try the green "Skills & Knowledge" button (where you can choose from a list)
- Then, click the "Occupation" button to find out more details for your career
So now you have a career (or small number of careers), then you need to find out these things and give the following information (on paper or digitally):
- Type in the name of the career (and somewhere in Canada you will want to work)
- This should bring up a report. You need to write/type up this information:
- On the JOBS tab, it shows how many jobs are listed right now in this category in your chosen area.
- On the WAGE tab, it shows the median wage ($/hour). If you click on the Wage tab, you can find the wage range, including Low, Median and High.
- On the OUTLOOK tab, it shows 1 star, 2 stars or 3 stars.
The more stars, the more job postings there are for this job in your chosen area.
- On the EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS tab, it shows the preparation you need to do before you can apply for this job.
When you have completed this for 3 jobs, then you are ready to present this information to your teacher and to the class.
Last modified: Thursday, 6 October 2016, 4:08 AM