Stage 2 - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Stage 2: AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG
You will write ONE letter that you will send to the four musical acts trying to persuade them to play your concert. You will have to word this very well in order to have the musical acts agree. YOUR TEACHER will act on behalf of the acts as their agent and agree to preform or not agree forcing your to edit the letter further. Here are some things you can consider adding to your letter to help.
- Open with your name and the festival name your represent.
- Let them know right away why you are writing (be honest and to the point)
- Tell them why you think it will be beneficial to them (maybe mention large amounts of people who have never seen them before) BE CONFIDENT
- Tell them what they will be paid (make sure you budget for this later)
- Tell them the Date and Time and Location of your show
- Finish with how you are looking forward to working with them in the near future
- Ask them to reply to your letter
- Sign your name, date the letter
Give the printed letter to your teacher or allow them to read it on screen and using the suggestions above they will determine if you have successfully persuaded the acts to show up or if more writing needs to happen before moving on.
YOU ARE STUCK HERE until the teacher (agent) agrees the acts will play your show
NEED MORE SUPPORT? Watch the video below to help design the best persuasive letter possible